As I grow up (I am now 29), I like to keep a notebook of the lessons I’m learning.
Some months, it’s almost like I have none! That’s usually when I’m in the trenches of experiencing and am too dense-headed to be grateful for the lessons.
Other months, I feel like I am combo-breaking a video game and learning from every experience. Those months, my notebook is too long to share.
To keep it interesting, I’ll try sharing five lessons at a time, every month.
They’re curated, that way!
You don’t have to suffer the same obvious lessons that I do, and I’m holding myself accountable to learn at least a few lessons while I’m bumbling about.
Here we go!
- If you find yourself submerged into this ocean of self-doubt again, remember that you’ll also surface from the depths and breathe again. You can then show others below the surface how to emerge.
- Take care of your things, with love. Take care, take care, take care. Guard your heart, mind, and soul.
- There are days you will wake up playing a game that you can’t win. Remember: there’s nothing wrong with you existing, like this, in the present moment. You can only lose if there’s right and wrong.
- You don’t have to listen to anyone or anything. Including “yourself”.
- Decide what you want and then make it work.
Words that broke open the walls
Healing comes in waves and I’m going under
A word is a word is a word is a word, your word is your word and I think it’s absurd…
Turn your face to the infinite moment / Drop the walls behind your eyes / The armor in your heart / Lay down your weaponized invulnerability / And let the infinite take you over and under